When your customers look for what you sell, doing an online search is probably their first step. But if that search turns up something negative about your business—such as unanswered customer complaints on social media or poor reviews on ratings sites—do you think they’ll do business with you?
Creating a positive image of your business brand online is vital to attracting new customers.
Why You Should Monitor Your Brand Online
Tracking what people say about your business anywhere online sounds like a tall order, doesn’t it? However, it’s well worth the effort.
Here are a few ways brand monitoring benefits your business:
- It helps identify problems in your business so you can fix them.
- It shows you how customers feel about your business so you can better serve them.
- It enables you to respond to complaints or negative reviews before they get out of hand.
- It ensures you maintain a consistent, positive image everywhere your customers engage with your business.
Establish Your Brand
Take a proactive approach toward managing your brand online by being intentional about the image you create.
- Develop a diversified online presence. The more places your business has a presence online, the less one or two negative reviews or comments will affect your overall reputation. Your online presence should include:
- A mobile-friendly website using responsive design
- Company and executive profiles on relevant social media sites
- Listings on relevant ratings and review sites
- Listings on relevant local search directories
Since 1964, SCORE “Mentors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through mentoring and business workshops. More than 11,000 volunteer business mentors in over 320 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses. For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800-634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org.